- Knee Airbags
- Driver and Front Passenger Airbags
- Roof Rail Airbags
- Front-Row Side Impact Airbags
- Second-Row Side Airbags
Frontal airbags are mounted in the steering wheel for the driver and in the front instrument panel for the front passenger
Knee airbags are located in the lower area of the instrument panel in front of both driver and passenger seats.
Door mounted airbags are located in the front doors on both sides of the vehicle.
Seat mounted airbags are located in the outboard side of the seats for the driver, front passenger and, in some vehicles, the rear passenger side. Some vehicles may also have a front center airbag mounted on the inboard side of the driver seat.
Roof rail airbags are located behind the trim covering the roof rails on each side of the vehicle
Pretensioners are part of the safety belt system for the driver and front passenger of many vehicles. Some vehicles may have more then one pretensioner at a given seat position.
- Retractor pretensioner may be in the B-pillar or in the seat.
- Buckle pretensioner are attached to the inboard side of the front seat.
- Anchor pretensioners are usually attached to the outboard side of the front seat, or they may be attached to the floor, next to the outboard side of the front seat.
In crashes of sufficient severity, these systems initiate the tightening of the seat belt in a split second.