My ECU still has trouble codes, idle issues, and is not communicating or starting:
- Trouble Codes, also known as Soft Codes can be stored in the vehicles PCI Bus if the Battery and removal of the ECU was done incorrectly.
- If the vehicle’s battery was not disconnected prior to removal of the unit, it may inadvertently blow a fuse along the wiring behind the dash, a relay near the fuse box, or a fuse in the one of the multiple fuse boxes in the vehicle. This will cause the PCI Bus to store the Soft Codes.
- Check for blown fuse
- Replace fuse if blown
- The fastest and easiest ways to clear Soft Codes in the vehicle is to do a simply battery reset:
- Disconnect the battery cables
- Clamp the battery cables together with the terminals touching (off the battery!)
- Leave the cables clamped in this position for 15-20 minutes and then re-install
*This should clear any soft codes and communication issues with the vehicle’s PCI bus.*
Questions? Call us at 888-779-9029 or submit a request.