I received airbag control module back and still have issues?
When you get airbag module back from us it will be clear of all codes.
Airbag module installation
- All repairs need to be done first and airbag module installation is last.
- Disconnect battery cables.
- Wait 3 minutes before installing the airbag module in the vehicle.
- Bolt down module with all bolts and then connect harness plugs.
- Vehicle needs to be flat on the ground. Not elevated on a jack or lift.
- Reconnect battery cables.
- The system will run an internal cycle test on each component, such as: airbag, seat belt, sensors.
- If all is good and functioning correctly the airbag light will turn off within 10 seconds.
If the airbag light does not turn off, then you will need to use a scan tool to pull the codes to see what codes are coming up. Usually it will be a bad connection somewhere, like airbag, impact sensor.
After you got it scanned and have the codes and you still not sure what to do then give us a call or submit a request and provide us with the DTC codes that you got from the scan tool.
Q: After getting the module back, I am getting 7+ codes why?
- Check to make sure the airbag control module is bolt it down with all bolts.
- Check harness plug connector to be sure no pins are bent. If pins are bent they can short the module or communication signal
- Was the car flood damaged or recovered from a fire? If so, you will continue to face a host of problems that can not be solved by our services.
If all is good and vehicle was not in water or fire damage then recommend that you get a replacement for your airbag control module. Let us know the part number or search our website to see if we have a replacement module in stock. Search for replacement part
Questions? Call us at 888-779-9029 or submit a request.