I received airbag control module back and still have issues?
When you get airbag module back from us it will be clear of all codes.
Airbag module installation
- All repairs need to be done first and airbag module installation needs to be done last.
- Disconnect battery cables.
- Wait 3 minutes before installing the airbag module in the vehicle.
- Bolt down the module with all bolts and then connect harness plugs.
- Vehicle needs to be flat on the ground, not elevated on a jack or lift.
- Reconnect battery cables.
- The system will run an internal cycle test on each component, such as: airbag, seat belt, and sensors.
- If all is good and functioning correctly the airbag light will turn off within 10 seconds.
If the airbag light does not turn off, then you will need to use a scan tool to pull the codes to see what codes are coming up. Usually it will be a bad connection somewhere, like an airbag impact sensor.
If you still aren’t sure of how to proceed once you get the error codes, simply give us a call or submit a request and provide us with the DTC codes that you got from the scan tool.
Q: After getting the module back, I am getting 7+ codes why?
- Check to make sure the airbag control module is bolted down with all bolts.
- Check harness plug connector to be sure no pins are bent. If pins are bent they can short the module or communication signal
- Was the car flood damaged or recovered from a fire? If so, you will continue to face a host of problems that can not be solved by our services.
If all is good and the vehicle was not in water or fire damage then we recommend that you get a replacement for your airbag control module. Let us know the part number or search our website to see if we have a replacement module in stock. Search for replacement parts.